What color are your letters/knobs

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adam972

Reaction score
Hey all, i have two knobs on my DC-5 that are cracked, and the whole lot just have a little dirt in the hart to reach areas, so i was going to order a whole set of knobs from mesa. It was then that i took a look at the rest of my amp...all of the silk screening on the chasssis, and the knobs, and every seems to look antique white, off white, what have you, but not brilliant bright white...what you would expect to see on a new fender twin reverb amp knob

So i ask, do you knobs and silk screens look offwhite? Do you remember if they were originally whiter and have faded with time? Has anyone ordered new DC-5 knobs from mesa? are they white white or offwhite?

I just wanted to get new knobs, i dont mine havingg really clean knobs to match my really clean chassis, but i didnt want to have white letter knobs that stand out from the chassis silk screening.

any help guys?

My DC-5 is in very-near-mint shape, and the panel printing and knob numbers are definitely a yellowy antique white... and given the amp's condition, I'd bet they were that way new as well. :D As I haven't needed to replace any of the knobs, I can't help with what replacements would look like.

thanks for the reference, i suspected they have always had a tinge to them...time to order knobs.

I ordered new knobs for my DC-2 and it still looks like brand new. My new knobs matched the old ones perfectly. Since you mentioned it, the lettering does look a bit "aged" or "dirty", it's not pure white as I originally thought. My amp does not have the graphic eq, so it says "Mesa Engineering" where the GEQ would be, and it really shows the "antique white" color described by JimmyB.

Mine are an antique white color also.

You might want to remove them and simply scrub them with a toothbrush and some dish soap. I do this a lot and it really works wonders.
Make absolutely sure they are 100% dry though, before you put them back on, or they will rust the face of the chassis.

Monsta-Tone said:
Mine are an antique white color also.

You might want to remove them and simply scrub them with a toothbrush and some dish soap. I do this a lot and it really works wonders.
Make absolutely sure they are 100% dry though, before you put them back on, or they will rust the face of the chassis.

Excellent advice! What process would you recommend for drying? I tried hanging them outside but the neighbors cat kept stalking them. Perhaps a blowdryer would work? Hey, I could purchase some Krylon and paint them a different color..........the possibilities are endless!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I put them on a paper towel while I'm washing the rest.

Then I get the wife's blow dryer out.

I'm paranoid, so I let them sit a little while longer after that to air dry.

Latest posts

Back