New here and have a question about my DC2

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 10995

Reaction score
Hi All,

I just joined the group and wanted to say hi, so hi all.

I also have a question about my DC2, it's a head cabinet and I'm running it into a 2x12 closed back cabinet. The amp to me always sounds a little too piercing in the upper range, almost to a point where I just don't play it that much. Mines a later model with the contour control. My question has anyone else seen this with the DC2's and if so how did you correct it?

Thanks,
Sam

Welcome to the board. Sorry that I can't help you with a DC-2, never played one, but I've never heard anyone say that they thought their DC was piercing in any way. I've got the DC-10 and never had it sounding piercing. How are you setting your tone controls and are you using the contour? The only way I could imaging that the amp might be piercing is if you've got the treble and presence maxed and the mids pulled out. That or something is wrong with the amp.

What does your signal chain consist of? What guitar, pickups effects, speakers etc. There are a lot of knowledgeable people here that I'm sure will have some suggests about the DC-2.

Hi MJ,

Thanks for the welcome

I'm keeping my treble and presence around 10 o'clock so I'm not maxing it out. The mids are usually scooped but not by much and I do use the contour from time to time. The signal chain varies slightly as one day I might use my PRS which has pretty hot pups and another day I might use a LP with much lower output. No effects, just the guitar, cable, amp and the 2x12 which has emence redbacks in it. I was wondering if the closed back cabinet might be half the problem but I haven't experimtned with that yet.

Thanks,
Sam

i have a newly aquired DC-5, and i can understnad your feeling about it being "piercing".

It is certainly a little brighter than my mark IV was, but its nothing some tone knobs cant fix. I found i had to use much different settings than my mark IV. The mark IV's treble control really was more like a 3rd gain control, where as with the DC-5, it can be, but at the expense of too much treble and bite.

I found last night some settings that worked for me. I have the bass around 2.5, mids around 4, treble around 4 or 5, gain at 8, prescence at zero, and then i have the GEQ set like this......

EDIT - GEQ "drawing got messed up" heres a better one
geq.jpg

it rolls off the high ends a lot, dips the mids to smooth things out, and gives a little extra in the upper mids/low treble to add that slight bite, but not become fizzy. I'm very happy with the tone now. This is my main high gain rhythm settings. I use a rocktron austin gold to boost that channel for leads

MusicManJP6 said:
The DC2 does not have a GEQ...

ouch, then nevermind haha, but definately dont put the treble too high, and keep the presence down. The treble gain add gain, but with the DC-5 at least, it tends to fizz things out

Latest posts

Back