.50 Caliber Plus Gain Issues

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gizzorge

Reaction score
Hello Fellas,

First time poster here, and hopefully a first time Boogie owner soon, with some of your help

I am looking at .50 Plus from 1988 (6l6). Went over to check it out and could not get any thick harmonic distortion out of it what so ever. All it had going on was a slight over drive. My buddy has a .22 and that thing is rich saturated with harmonics for days. I assume the .50 should sound similar. Playing on his amp has really made me want to jump into boogie land.

Could anyone give me some ideas on what could be causing the problem, how to check, should I stay away etc....

Maybe some of you know other threads on this board related to this topic. I don't want to have anyone rewrite something for no reason.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Hopefully I can resolve the issue, pick it up, and joining you guys in Boogie Bliss.

Thanks in advance.

+1

i just purchased a DC-5 combo from a local sam ash and the lead channel had half the gain that it should, and a significant volume drop. Made them throw in a quartet of preamp tubes on the sale, swapped em out, and now it kills.

Replace the preamp tubes, and you should be good to go.

Gizzorge said:
Hello Fellas,

First time poster here, and hopefully a first time Boogie owner soon, with some of your help

I am looking at .50 Plus from 1988 (6l6). Went over to check it out and could not get any thick harmonic distortion out of it what so ever. All it had going on was a slight over drive. My buddy has a .22 and that thing is rich saturated with harmonics for days. I assume the .50 should sound similar. Playing on his amp has really made me want to jump into boogie land.

Could anyone give me some ideas on what could be causing the problem, how to check, should I stay away etc....

Maybe some of you know other threads on this board related to this topic. I don't want to have anyone rewrite something for no reason.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Hopefully I can resolve the issue, pick it up, and joining you guys in Boogie Bliss.

Thanks in advance.

what are your settings ?

Yeah I should have had the manual. We could not figure out how to set it up. Neither did the guy who owned it!!! ???? We seemed to have figured it out, and it is sounding pretty beefy.

The .50 Caliber is beefy as hell. I never go past 7 on the gain knob, 3 on the master and 4 on the lead master.

Try out the classic Boogie V on the graph, you won't be disappointed.

Forget all of this nonsense! I am getting a MARK V!!!! :twisted: :twisted:

Thanks guys!

Latest posts

Back