My DC5's Reverb is terrible, any ideas?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sixstringpsycho

Reaction score
I have never really used it because its really weak and sounds bad. I have heard other DC5 users say they love the reverb on theirs. tubes are new, any ideas?

I have one of the last DC5 heads made so I'm assuming that any upgrades from previous versions were installed. That being said, my reverb is the weakest of all of my amps. I have to go to 7 or higher to get anything resembling a spring reverb. I've changed tanks, cords, and tubes, nothing. I should say that I am comparing it to my Lonestar Classic and various Fenders (BF Twin, Concert II and a Vibro King) and a Bogner Shiva. When ever I need reverb on it, I use ourboard effects.

My DC-10, and previous DC-5, have plenty of reverb for me. When I use it it's never higher than around 3-4 on the clean channel or 5 on the lead channel. Reverb can be just matter of personal taste and I haven't used Fender reverb in years so I can't comment on how mine compares. Maybe you can listen to other DC-5's to see if yours is at least working as it is designed to.

I'm going to be recording some short clips on my amp and will be glad to record my reverb so you can compare. Maybe mine sucks too and I just don't realize it. :lol: Send me a PM with your email if you want me to send you something. May take me a day or two to get to it though.

Compared to a LSC or Fender the reverb is going to sound inferior for sure! On it's own it sounds OK. I think it sounds great in the clean channel and only 'so-so' in the lead channel. I'm not much on spring reverb for distorted tones though. I prefer a hall or something smoother if anything. I'm more a delay effect kind of guy to be honest...

Pull your tank out and make sure the springs are connected to both sides of the tank. One may have come loose or something causing the effect to be greatly diminished.

I just played my friend's DC-5 the other day and the reverb sucked. Even cranked up almost all the way, it was pretty much non-existent. My little Subway Blues on the other hand has one of the best reverbs I've heard.

Back