Post your DC Rigs

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sixstringpsycho

Reaction score
Just like the post your rig threads except for Dual Caliber and Caliber rigs. Here is mine.....DC-5 Combo running through a 4x12 Standard Recto Cab.

DC-5.jpg

Bonez said:
how do you think the dc-5 stands up to the roadking?

Different beasts although the DC can get similar crunch sounds and whatnot. The DC is smoother the RK is meaner and bigger and the clean is a bit better.

Excuse the lousy pics, but here is my DC-2 with pedalboard and 1973 Gretsch Chet Atkins Tennessean. The board is very simple, I run a SubDecay Flying Tomato Fuzz into a DD-3 Delay and Tu-2 Tuner. The pedals go straight into the clean channel for vintage style tones (Eric Johnson/Andy Timmons type stuff). I footswitch between the clean channel w/effects and the lead channel for heavier tones.

gx44W0S.jpg

Pq5edE9.jpg

DC3-1.jpg

DC3-3.jpg

Old pics of mine. Bought an Orange PPC412 and ended up doing a DIY conversion from combo to head (combo still in one piece in case it ever goes back to original). My first foray into Mesas, and my first valve amp :) It's an early pre-200 serial number, definitely a keeper.

MusicManJP6 said:
Looks killer, MJ! I see you are using your GEQ as a volume boost. :D Miss the SOLO feature on newer Mesas?

Very astute MusicMan noticing my GEQ set for boost. I do miss a dedicated boost switch sometimes but for the most part I will kick in my AC+, Crunch Box or Luxury Drive clean boost for solos and let the sound man take it from there. If I feel I need to be extra loud for a part or I don't have a sound man I'll use the EQ to boost. I have to be careful because it's easy to get way too loud.

I would do the same with my DC, but I much prefer the tone with the GEQ engaged using the 'V' shape. I don't scoop the mids all the way out though. I need to play it more without the GEQ engaged TBH... It has a more vintage tone without Makes me think of old King's X or even old Dream Theater stuff... not a bad thing, but sounds 'dated' I guess. The GEQ in a V shape gives it a more modern voicing.

Handle from mesa for a Lonestar...just thought it looks much better than the stock.
469926716_UqxTv-M.jpg

363142383_SCkAA-M.jpg

Hey Adam - cool looking DC. Is it me or is your GEQ missing it's sliders?

Here's an updated pic of my rig:
100_3105.jpg

I added the other Recto cab to my setup. I bought two cabs initially because the seller would not separate them and I could not find them elsewhere. I intended on just selling one and keeping the other. After hearing them hooked up and spread out like this I decided to keep them both. I have a Crate Powerblock coming this week so I can run stereo effects from the GT-8. :twisted:

Latest posts

Back