I must be missing something... speaker mute question

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MusicManJP6

Reaction score
I just got my DC-3 and while I don't have my cabs yet I figured I could use the speaker mute along with either the slave out or the recording out and go to my Tech21 Power Engine 60. The Tech21 is a powered cab i've been using with my GT-8 with awesome results. I figured it would at least let me hear the DC-3 head until the cabs arrive next week. My problem is that the slave out just produces hum if I crank it and I only hear a whisper of sound if I use the recording out. Master and output knobs make no difference using either. Am I missing something? I thought the silent record feature was simple until now!

I also have an attenuator with a line out on it. Since I don't have a cab with a speaker in jack right now do I actually have to connect a speaker to the other end or can the attenuator handle the load on it's own?

I feel like such a noob right now..... :oops:

the attenuater probably cant handle the load by itself. You might be frying the transformer without a cabinet connected

Latest posts

Back