DC-2

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lerxst88

Reaction score
well i got screwed over by this guy i was gonna trade for an F-100 so now im looking at other mesas.

I found a DC-2 and im wondering if you guys (and gals) have any opinions on them. I like 311, john petrucci, nuno bettencourt, Linkin park (the guitar sound not the band), and other high gain but not death metal stuff like that. you think a DC-2 could do that stuff?

wait why was this thread moved? i thought the DC-2 was from the late 90's?

seriously no one here has any info on the DC-2?

what kinds of sounds does it do. pros cons. personal experiences??? hello? bueller?

I've had a 1x12 DC-2 combo, and it's a great little amp. The clean channel can get quite close to 'fender cleans' (while still being undeniably mesa boogie). The lead channel is voiced like a classic boogie (think santana), but if you crank the gain and the treble, it gets plenty heavy, and should work very well, for the kind of tones you mention. It really is a very versatile little amp.
...Oh and I think you're right, I'm pretty sure that the DC-2 is a late nineties amp. :)

Flenz

I own the DC-2 and think it has more than enough gain to cover just about any style, especially if you get a later model with the contour switch, which mine has. Non-contour settings in the high gain channel do sound more like the classic Boogie tone, but lead settings with contour engaged sound more modern. The amp is very loud and easy to dial in. Cleans are good as well. Nice amp if you can find one. I gave mine away, then purchased an F-30, then was fortunate to get mine back in a trade today. I won't be parting with it again, its a great amp.

The DC-2 Studio Caliber is the smallest of the Dual Caliber amps. Mine has the 12 inch Vintage Black Shadow speaker manufactured by Eminence. It has two EL-84's (20 watts) where the DC-3 has four (30 watts). It has independent controls for each channel, so you can dial in each channel separately. You are correct about the GEQ, the DC-2 does not have one but all of the other models do (DC-3, DC-5, DC-10). The Caliber and Studio series amps were the forerunners of the Dual Calibers and had only one set of controls, much like a Mark II or III. Hope this helps.

Back