Need more reveb on my 50 cal ? Any Mods? Help

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jamme61

Reaction score
Is there a mod to get more reverb out of the mesa 50 cal + head I have? Thanks for any info.

just thought I post an answer for someone else. I got a response on the Plexi forum, to raise the value of the reverb pot = better reverb. also you can mess with the input bias resistor. still have to check this out but, if someone is in the same boat as me,(don't like the reverb) you can try this stuff out.

Can a person sub the stock 12at7 for an 12ax7 for more volume, or at least a little more presence?

I actually like the tank on my .50 Cal +.

If you don't use reverb, you can pull the 12at7/12x7 and you'll notice a little more gain. And it won't hurt anything.

The only suggestion I could make about improving your reverb is buy a Holy Grail reverb pedal.

Sludgenutz said:
Can a person sub the stock 12at7 for an 12ax7 for more volume, or at least a little more presence?

I actually like the tank on my .50 Cal +.

I accidently put a 12AX7 in the reverb driver of a MKIVa. MKIVa's use a 12AT7 for that slot.
Anyways, the reverb was horrible after that. In went a Mullard CV4024 (12AT7) and it was sooo much better. No pedal needed.
Of course, sound is subjective, but I liked the Lee Jackson Mr. Springgy reverb pedal way better than the Holy Grail.
It was quite expensive though.
Good luck!

Latest posts

Back