DC-3 valves speakers etc

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Captian Chaos

Reaction score
HEh everyone.

Normal boring questions. what's everyone tried with DC-3 valves. I Love my dc-3 mainly the clean channel. always though tooooo big a jump to the lead channel, Never quite as tight. I'm thinking of changing the speaker it has the vintage balck shadow in it. May put a celestionheritage 30 in. Anyway I'm just trying a 12at7 in position 2 to lower the lead channel gain and see if had better clarity. first impressions are succes but wondered if anyone else has tried something similar.

also any suggestion regarding speaker.

i loaded up all my lead gain stages with t7's and its still a rip your face off grunge. this is a DC-5...i never use the lead channel unless in a little drunk a feel like goofing around...that being said i mainly bought the amp for the high head room clean channel, i play mostly blues. I will say that lowering the preamp gain sections did change it a lot...i would say now the lead channel sounds like some tones jimi hendrix would get...just insano sustain and graininess...all with no pedals...like i said, i dont really use it

i stick to the clean channel and use effects to add in the gain i want

i will say swaping the trannies for Mercury magnetics did change the tone a lot....the lead channel went from "?never use" to "use sometimes"...but thats just the kinda guy i am.

Back