The tightest most crushing sound

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrokenAlleys

Reaction score
Is what I'm aiming for in my MKIV. Can you give me a few tips on your favorite tubes that is in that direction?

BrokenAlleys said:
Is what I'm aiming for in my MKIV. Can you give me a few tips on your favorite tubes that is in that direction?

Not too much input gain and channel gain, bass close to 0 and full power (no triodes), V shaped GEQ with lowest slider used sparingly. No tube swaps necessary (unless you have full salvo of JJ ECC83 preamp - no highs) :mrgreen:

Eevil said:
BrokenAlleys said:

Not too much input gain and channel gain, bass close to 0 and full power (no triodes), V shaped GEQ with lowest slider used sparingly. No tube swaps necessary (unless you have full salvo of JJ ECC83 preamp - no highs) :mrgreen:

Thanks. Yeah I've figured out the settings, sort of. Unfortunately I believe there's some sort of JJ's in there. Just curious if someone had found certain tubes that is optimal for tight chugging.

BrokenAlleys said:
Eevil said:
BrokenAlleys said:

Thanks. Yeah I've figured out the settings, sort of. Unfortunately I believe there's some sort of JJ's in there. Just curious if someone had found certain tubes that is optimal for tight chugging.

I’ve had best luck with original Mesa tubes :shock: the Chinese versions.

Hello
for the Mark 4B I use MESA 12ax7 preamp tubes and for the power of the RUBY 6L6 GC tubes my settings are as follows:
LEAD: gain8, treble5, bass3, lead5, pullbrightmaster5, presence3 (pull on)
RYTHM2: gain8, treble6, bass4, lead5, pullbrightmaster4, presence4 (pull on)
SPEAKER: Altec 417 8H
Regards

Back