Mark IIA In For Service, Any Mods?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

'59fatburst

Reaction score
Well, my Mark IIA has been sent off to Mesa for maintenance and a tune up and the waiting game begins. I'm not sure how long it'll be there with the current climate and the state of CA practically being shut down. Any way, I've had plenty of time to think about the amp. Does anybody know of any mods or upgrades that I can look into getting done while it's there? The reverb on the amp is a bit weak and noisy, maybe they can address that. Any things else that you folks know of?

I took mine to Mesa in 2016 for service and just let Mike B do his thing. I got a bag of all the components he replaced and it sounds as amazing like the day I brought it home. He even noted the original Sylvania tubes were still good to go. He was really awesome he came out and talked about things for a few minutes also mentioned the volume pedal thing and how its was not really a good thing unless you have a really sensitive foot and no one else touches it.

Andy
original owner MKIIa

I had a MKIIB completely refurbished last Oct. While it was there I had the fx loop mod done. Sounds great.

I had Mike rework the 3 volume knobs to have a smoother taper. I wanted the master to work better without the volume coming on so fast.

Back