My IIC+ SR is the best IIC+ I've experienced. There, I said it.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GJgo

Reaction score
I can't help but laugh every time I play the IIC+ SR I have now. IT"S AN ANIMAL!! I don't miss my old HRG IIC / + / ++, my DR C+ or my DRG C+ / ++ at all, but I think I might dry a little when I sell this SR! It's tight, it's fast, it sits perfect in the mix, and the liquid lead SINGS. These 60 watt no-EQ models have something special about them that's IMO under appreciated. I've seen it in other Mark IIs and IIIs as well..

I've done a number of tone vids with this SR in the last couple months if you want to check it out.
https://www.youtube.com/user/fast13b/videos

GJgo said:
I can't help but laugh every time I play the IIC+ SR I have now. IT"S AN ANIMAL!! I don't miss my old HRG IIC / + / ++, my DR C+ or my DRG C+ / ++ at all, but I think I might dry a little when I sell this SR! It's tight, it's fast, it sits perfect in the mix, and the liquid lead SINGS. These 60 watt no-EQ models have something special about them that's IMO under appreciated. I've seen it in other Mark IIs and IIIs as well..

I've done a number of tone vids with this SR in the last couple months if you want to check it out.
https://www.youtube.com/user/fast13b/videos

wait what about the IIB+ Coli??? :p

Gear comes, gear goes. For the most part I prefer the new experiences and knowledge expansion that comes with moving through gear. I say for the most part because that doesn't include the Coli. It's the best Mark I've every played or heard & it isn't going anywhere..

I've picked up 3 new amps this year, the play funds are depleted.. Something has to give!

You guys are funny. If I ever do sell the Coli it will be for a LARGE sum of money. I sold my factory DRG IIC++ for $4K after the Coli blew it away..

Anyway I'm recording a song with the SR C+ while I still have it, when I'm done I'll post it. The tone I'm getting is GOOD. All amp.

Well I know the market wouldn't value it anywhere near that, but the market doesn't know what I know. I wouldn't take less than $5K for it based on my experience of what the best tone costs so I guess it won't be selling! The only thing better is a factory IIC+ Coli that sells for $6K, and it's only SLIGHTLY better!

Anyway back on topic, I recorded a track with the IIC+ SR that I think is tonally awesome. Check it out. :)

https://youtu.be/SK0XyhzLQBs

Sounds good! I haven't tried a 60 watt c+ yet but my SRG III+ rips! I was talking with Mike B. recently about how good the 60's are. He said the 60 watt c+'s and Mark III's used the same transformers.

I know two local guys with IIB+ S and DlPasco has a III purple S that ALL RIP. On the forums I've spoken to a FEW guys that say how hard their S / SR / SRG rips. I'm telling you.... The S & the K are WHERE IT'S AT.

Just picked up a Mark III Coli Blue Stripe today. It needs a good cleaning but is in great condition. Original Chinese 12ax7's but no 415's. Already got the RMA number from Mesa for service and the III+\R2 mods.

Thanks! Just fired it up. Pots are scratchy so I pulled the chassis to clean it. No writing on the chassis but the circuit board has KDRG on it. It was owned by a smoker so it has 30 years of gunk on it. It'll clean up and be on it's way to see the Wizard of Amps.

Back