I made a full tube clone of the Mark IIC+ preamp... in a pedal

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zilla

Reaction score
I don't know if this is the proper place to post, but i just recently made a clone of the mark II C+ preamp section and put it in a pedal.

It uses an SMPS power supply to take a 12vDC input and boost it up to approx 265V to the tubes. I'm still working on getting this higher to 300-350v but it's a definite start. DC heaters @ 6v help keep the noise down. power consumption at 12v is about 1.1 amps.

this is the first rev of the board. i just ordered PCBs for rev 2 that fixes some oversights on my part and adds in some more of the switching options like treble shift and deep.

and a quick video with phone mic audio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SuMKd1uWo8A

feedback welcome!

I just made up a daughterboard to add in a 5-band EQ. unfortunately the controls will be pots, not sliders. I don't have access to a milling machine to get slots milled out (yet!) I should have the boards in a few weeks.

I also made some updates to the main board to add in some of the other features like treble/bass shift and also added provisions for the C++ mods :D

I also optimized the tube board to get all three valves on the same board. that should save some space on the inside.

Can't wait!

Sounds great man. Excellent job. What are you using as the poweramp?

i was just running it into the front end of my Rivera Venus 5 with the tone stack at noon and running it thru a Mesa 2x12 vertical cab with v30's. No reason why you can't run it into the FX loop return of an amp and bypass the preamp.

It sure is lot more portable than hauling a studio preamp around... :mrgreen:

Back