NAD- Early Mk III Black with export

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mikeyboyeee

Reaction score
SO, now having my Roadster and Mark V25 for sale, time to get back into a Mk III.

Had one a couple of years back that belonged to Mike Wanchik from John Mellancamp. Was a beast, but let it go.

Finally came across one I couldn't refuse. SN:15319

Started life in 6/85 as Blond combo DRGX with EVM12L. Look at that transformer :)

Former owner put it in a new custom head shell and had it recapped using mesa sourced caps 3 years ago.
The deal was for the whole thing including a road case for the combo (HUGE and heavy).

SO, received the amp, but one of the STR-415s was broken (seller sending an other pair of 415s. Have run various tubes in it so far. Currently have Mesa 430 in center and Chinese 6l6gc in outer (have tried Kt77s and el34s as well and Kt77 sound great too). Brand new Mesa SPAX7 in v1, Mesa 12ax7 v2-4 and s Sovtek LPS matched in V5.

This thing is a fire breathing machine. Can't believe how good it sounds, way better then my old Mk III. Plenty of nice squish when playing and its a pure crunch. Cleans nice too, but I am a metal player. Not really looking to get Metallica or DT out of it. Just some heavy, 3D 80's thrash and hair sounds. She is a beast and couldn't be happier!!!!

Tons and tons of gain (more then my Friedman Butterslax which I even boost Channel2). NO boost needed here on Lead!

BTW, sounds so so with my vetical recto 2x12 with the stock V30s. Mean as hell with my Splawn 4x12 with Creamback 65s and eminence small blocks in it).

Thinking of throwing the EVM12L in the bottom of the recto and go from there.

dMipnit.jpg

mZMKs0o.jpg

I think I may have some me lying around. Threw an old Phillips in V3 but wasn't thrilled with it.

I am the former owner of this amp and the maker of that custom headshell!

I am very happy that you are thrilled with it!

If at some point in the future you get tired of it, contact me, and I MAY at that time be willing to buy it back.

I had to part with it for financial reasons, not because I hated it!

woodbutcher65 said:
I am the former owner of this amp and the maker of that custom headshell!

I am very happy that you are thrilled with it!

If at some point in the future you get tired of it, contact me, and I MAY at that time be willing to buy it back.

I had to part with it for financial reasons, not because I hated it!

I am sorry you had to sell for financial reasons. Partially why I sold my last Mk III.

I am thoroughly enjoying it and you did an amazing job on the Head shell. EVERYONE compliments me on it.

I don't think it will be going anywhere anytime soon, but if it does, you will get 1st crack at it.

Thanks again!

Oh, by the way, the headshell wood is Peruvian Walnut. That's what that species of wood is known as. I don't know its actual species name.

Apparently it's difficult to legally import. I was told by the wood supplier I bought it from that they won't be able to get any more of it.

Back