Neal Schon Mark IIc+ DRG

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xdg999

Boogie Supporter
Reaction score
I just bought another c+. I asked the shop I bought it from if they could send pics of the transformers before they packed it for shipping. They didn't know if it was a Simul or 100 watt. They pulled the chassis and found a sticker on the side of the chassis with Neal Schon written on it. I sent a pic of the sticker to Mike B. to get some info but he hasn't replied yet. It's a really clean pre 12500 serial number Long Head with the 105 transformer. I installed a quad of 415's and Mesa 7025/Chinese 12ax7's. It could probably use a tune up from Mike B. but it sounds huge as is thru 2 Mesa 2x12 metal grill half backs. If I ever figure out how to post pics I'll put some up.

This c+ is sweet. It might be the best c+ I own. The cleans are rich and warm and the overdrive is super creamy but still has definition. I've been playing it with a HSS Strat at 115 volts on a variac thru a Mesa Halfback 4x12 with Celestion C90's on top and EV's in the bottom and there's no icepick or ear fatigue. It's definitely going on my do not sell list.

I'm not on Facebook. I just called Mesa customer service to see if the amp had been in for service. They said it was there in 2012 for new caps, power tube sockets and maintenance. It is really touch sensitive. It's just a fantastic amp. I haven't compared it side by side to my Coliseum yet but I'll post the results when I do.

Latest posts

Back