Rubber chassis mounts MK2 cabinet

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morrinsville

Reaction score
Hey there,
I've long been rebuilding a tortured SOB
I found a replacement cabinet which might have been for a MK2, but it has these rubber sunken chassis mounts that are too small for the chassis screws for the SOB.
But I can't find any info from Mesa website for replacement or even a product name to search for.

Does anyone know if these came in different sizes and where to get them?

I can work around it if I have to but would like it to be at least all Mesa parts.

Thanks

Those would be what Mesa called "Sus 4" shock mounts. Any Boogie veteran will know about them. They stopped using them some time during the Mark III years if I'm not mistaken.

If you look very carefully at the shock mount you will see that the actual brand of the manufacturer of that part is printed on it. I don't remember that brand off the top of my head but I do know they're still in business and in fact that specific shock mount is still available from the manufacturer.

I THINK that the SOB uses clip-mount chassis nuts in the chassis, which can be removed and replaced with ones in a different thread size.

I also THINK (and could be wrong) but the screw size that fits with the sus 4 mounts is 8-32 and the length should be about an inch. They also require the use of a washer that you can probably get from the shock mount manufacturer if Mesa doesn't have any. I know that the "correct" washer is not one you're likely to find at your local hardware store.

When they stopped using the sus 4 mounts I believe that they switched to a larger screw thread size. 10-32, maybe? I'd have to take apart my own SOB to tell you and I may do that but not tonight.

My SOB is currently slightly modded. It's close to a JTM45 right now in terms of tone and preamp parts values.

Latest posts

Back