Mark IV Settings and Speakers

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

conker985

Reaction score
So I recently purchased a Mark IV from a pawnshop for 800. What an amp! I also have a Mark III blue stripe and a Mark III black stripe that are both incredible. I quickly noticed that the III and the IV are different monsters especially when it comes to EQing them right. I play everything but definitely lean towards metal. After much frustration I put the bass on 0, mids at 10, treble around 8, presence near 10, gain and drive around 7 or 8 (pulling these I find makes very little difference), and got a really nice creamy saturated metal tone like my III has. Also started with the standard V on the graphic EQ with using the pentone setting (not really sure what this means but I like this setting), Harmonics and simul class. Also setting the output level low and the master high helps get a more punchy tone. With the bass at 0 it helped eliminate the flubby low end sound I kept running into. Still messing with the controls so any help appreciated.

The clean channel is absolutely great on this amp. Very Fender sounding just without the glorious reverb. The reverb on this amp is pretty weak.

I am also in the market for a better cab for this amp. I've heard good things about the Vintage 30s. Guitar center near me has a Blackstar 4X12 loaded with 4 V30s I may go pick up.

Anyone have their favorite lead channel/clean channel settings on the IV?
What are the best speakers to go with the IV?

IV Lead channel close to a IIC+ sound.

Switches on the back are set to -

TRIODE
SIMUL-CLASS
HARMONICS

Front is set ...

PRESENCE - Pull
LEAD DRIVE - Either
Pull Fat - Either

Fat / Slow Attack...

R1 Gain 6
Pull Bright