The great return of the MKIIA :)

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mark2boogie

Reaction score
Most of you Guys have MKIIB, MKIIC, MKIIC+, MKIII et consorts...

The MKIIA is less seen, so I decided to repost something about that model, with my pics... 8) :roll:

I did a heavy job to make that amp working nearly flawlessly, I mean : no adverse noise (hum, pops, scratches, Larsen) at any setting, a great deep balanced reverb tone, a progressive volume and master controls, a usable FX loop, a complete FSW, a "Santana" speaker...

29WN.md.jpg

29WS.md.jpg

29Wk.md.jpg

For some time, I added an EVM12L Thiele cab, that I finally sold for weight reasons :oops:

29W0.jpg

And even an (aftermarked vintage) hardwood cab, that I also sold for weight reasons and fear of damaging it :oops:

29Wr.jpg

29WG.jpg

29Wi.jpg

29Wg.md.jpg

Put in a FlyCase "lite" (7kg) :

294f.md.jpg

I built a "complete" footswitch :

29bg.md.jpg

I also built an FX loop adapter :

29Wv.md.jpg

29WZ.md.jpg

What I can't improve is my age and my backbone... My MKIIA in working order in its flycase is an anvil to carry : it's his only drawback !

A+!

You have done a great job making the wonderful MKIIA even better. I played mine on Saturday. Great growl on lead, chime on clean. They should reissue one with your improvements and an effects loop.

b00g13mk2B said:
You have done a great job making the wonderful MKIIA even better. I played mine on Saturday. Great growl on lead, chime on clean. They should reissue one with your improvements and an effects loop.

Thanks b100g13mk2B !

Yes, the MKIIA is a great amp, which offers improvement possibilities... Except for the weight !

A+!

Thank you! Thank you! Absolute beauty! Love the upgrades/mods. Mine makes me very happy every time I fire it. Tell us more about it...there is a criminal lack of Mark IIA info available.

Tell us more about it...there is a criminal lack of Mark IIA info available.

I retrieved the fichier (dated 07/2011) which listed most of the modifications I have made to my MKIIA :

2q08.jpg

Sorry for the small pictures - if you want more details, feel free to ask.

Note : common sense lets you guess that you need enough knowledge, skills and tooling about tube guitar amp and electronics if you want to go that way, or at least you have a good friend that have all that to help you do the job... Or do it for you ! I mean : it's not for beginners, OK ? :wink:

Back