6V6 in Mark IV

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swbo101

Reaction score
Anyone tried 6V6's in their Mark IV?

I know that they can only be run in tweed mode, but can you just put in 2 for class A, or do you need to put 4 and just run simul-class?

In the manual they say nothing about just running them in class A.

I want to try to get the old Fender Princeton/deluxe reverb sound for something I'm working on.

Thanks

Thanks, just wondering if you've tried it & what your experience was with them.

I have never tried 6V6 tubes in my Mark IV. This is my second IV and I just put EL34's in the outer sockets. I play mostly heavy and hard and when I get a chance to jam, I'm not looking for mellow tones. The 6V6 is a good tube for rich mellow tones and some day I'm sure I will get around to dedicating an amp for that particular tone and this amp is perfect for just that, just not now for me.

Much appreciated!

I am currently running all 6L6s, although I generally run 6L6/EL34 combos most of time. That's my favorite set up, thus far.

Thanks again.

When using 6V6 tubes, you must use simul-class along with the tweed setting and MESA recommends using the 4 ohms speaker output jack into an 8 ohm speaker.

Latest posts

Back