Mesa Mark III NOISE , Is it cap filters problem?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Dear Mesa lovers ,

I have a mark III And it has an extra noise That can be heard clearly on both clean channel and dirty channel, kindly watch my video showing the noise.

https://youtu.be/gKhghVPvDcY

Is that normal for Mark III blue stripe? Or the cap filters are causing this noise and should be replaced?

Awaiting your recommendations.

Thanks all.

charleonthronez said:
Dear Mesa lovers ,

I have a mark III And it has an extra noise That can be heard clearly on both clean channel and dirty channel, kindly watch my video showing the noise.

https://youtu.be/gKhghVPvDcY

Is that normal for Mark III blue stripe? Or the cap filters are causing this noise and should be replaced?

Awaiting your recommendations.

Thanks all.

Have to ask.....does it make the noise when the guitar cable is unplugged? I only ask because you have a cable plugged in during the video.

charleonthronez said:
Yes the cable was plugged to the guitar , this noise is not as this when the cable is unplugged from the amp.

Then you need to check everything in your signal chain - the problem is most likely there, not the amp.

Simply the guitar is plugged into the amp directly with no effects in the loop.
Pickups are seymour Duncan distortions.

Is the guitar's volume set to zero or minimum?

Do you have florescent or CLF lamps in the room or the same circuit as the amp? Does it make that noise in other rooms or when plugged into a different circuit? Do other amps do this in this location?

It sounds like the guitar is picking up outside interference.

Don said:
Is the guitar's volume set to zero or minimum?

Do you have florescent or CLF lamps in the room or the same circuit as the amp? Does it make that noise in other rooms or when plugged into a different circuit? Do other amps do this in this location?

It sounds like the guitar is picking up outside interference.

Guitar volume all the way up , no lamps causing this as when I plug the same guitar to my fender Princeton it is dead silent.

Latest posts

Back