The Boogie Board

Discussion Forum for Mesa Boogie Products
It is currently Tue Sep 25, 2018 4:06 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 5:58 am 
Offline
Mark I

Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:00 am
Posts: 22
Dear Mesa lovers ,

I have a mark III And it has an extra noise That can be heard clearly on both clean channel and dirty channel, kindly watch my video showing the noise.

https://youtu.be/gKhghVPvDcY

Is that normal for Mark III blue stripe? Or the cap filters are causing this noise and should be replaced?

Awaiting your recommendations.

Thanks all.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:59 am 
Offline
Mark I

Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2014 8:27 am
Posts: 21
charleonthronez wrote:
Dear Mesa lovers ,

I have a mark III And it has an extra noise That can be heard clearly on both clean channel and dirty channel, kindly watch my video showing the noise.

https://youtu.be/gKhghVPvDcY

Is that normal for Mark III blue stripe? Or the cap filters are causing this noise and should be replaced?

Awaiting your recommendations.

Thanks all.


Have to ask.....does it make the noise when the guitar cable is unplugged? I only ask because you have a cable plugged in during the video.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 1:10 pm 
Offline
Mark I

Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:00 am
Posts: 22
Yes the cable was plugged to the guitar , this noise is not as this when the cable is unplugged from the amp.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:53 pm 
Offline
Mark I

Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2014 8:27 am
Posts: 21
charleonthronez wrote:
Yes the cable was plugged to the guitar , this noise is not as this when the cable is unplugged from the amp.


Then you need to check everything in your signal chain - the problem is most likely there, not the amp.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:23 pm 
Offline
Mark I

Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:00 am
Posts: 22
Simply the guitar is plugged into the amp directly with no effects in the loop.
Pickups are seymour Duncan distortions.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:25 am 
Offline
Single Recto
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2008 12:32 pm
Posts: 1324
Is the guitar's volume set to zero or minimum?

Do you have florescent or CLF lamps in the room or the same circuit as the amp? Does it make that noise in other rooms or when plugged into a different circuit? Do other amps do this in this location?

It sounds like the guitar is picking up outside interference.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:30 am 
Offline
Mark I

Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2014 8:27 am
Posts: 21
Try a different cable and a different guitar....swapping out one at a time.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:44 pm 
Offline
Mark I

Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:00 am
Posts: 22
Don wrote:
Is the guitar's volume set to zero or minimum?

Do you have florescent or CLF lamps in the room or the same circuit as the amp? Does it make that noise in other rooms or when plugged into a different circuit? Do other amps do this in this location?

It sounds like the guitar is picking up outside interference.


Guitar volume all the way up , no lamps causing this as when I plug the same guitar to my fender Princeton it is dead silent.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:52 pm 
Offline
Mark I

Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:00 am
Posts: 22
Bruce Weldy wrote:
Try a different cable and a different guitar....swapping out one at a time.


Did do so and the same noise ☹️☹️


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group