Mark III pictures & hints- need your help

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arnek85

Reaction score
Hello to all you lucky Mesa/Boogie guys!

Interlude:

Quite a long time ago my green striped Mark begun blowing fuses every second take off. So I gave it to our new bandmate for ja complete cap job, because he is a passionate diy-proaudio guy. But in the meantime (3-4 months later) he left our band because of musical and personal differences. And finally I got my Boogie back. Disassembled and the cap job was uncompleted. Last evening I started finishing the cap job. So far, so good.

The Problem

BUT he also pulled the board an cut each and every wire. At this point I hit the wall and need your help with some pictures. So does anybody own some pictures of their Boogies' inside? Especially the range at the pots, because there are so much loose wires and the pics in the web are too vague. The power section won't be the biggest problem. I marked the doubtful areas in the pictures. (current status)

If somebody could help me and upload some insightful pictures, I would really appreciate! :)

boogie1.jpg

(The red area is a small build up with turrets. My (ex)bandmate told me that the eyelets weren't in good condition.)

I have step by step pics of my black stripe from when I pulled the board out for cleaning/tracing/repair but probably is completely different for the green as I've never had a look inside one. Hopefully they will help though! Note the Volume and Master pots have been replaced with newer versions that have reversed connectors compared to the originals which might confuse things.

https://mega.nz/#F!qAZhVBYC!-fkQAI7oNoAqPFavaSDc1g

Let me know if you want any pics of anything else now it's all back together! It's also best to pull the board out with the pots wired to the board IMO if you can to avoid any reassembling issues with soldering.

Thanks,

Jon

Wow thank you, Jon!!

I guess this detailed documentation will help me a lot, although it's from a blackstripe.
This evening I'll see how far I will make it with your advice :)

Cheers,
Arne

Hey guys,

another question:
In the red area of the picture is a 680r carbon film resistor.
Originally theres was a 680r 1W carbon composition resistor. I would like to swap it to the originally, but ist quite hard to get one. In Germany I'm only able to get a 1/2W carbon composition resistor - no 1W.

So would you guys consider to go for a 1W carbon film oder 1/2W carbon composition resistor? Or neither?
(it's the r119 resistor)

Cheers,
Arne

No...you definitely DON'T want to use a 1/2w there. That 680 ohm is part of the low voltage supply and generally a known weak spot on Mark III's... If anything you would do better with a 2w or 5w Metal Oxide there. I have seen many a Mark III with a hole in the PCB there as that 680ohm sees too much current...

There are plenty of high quality 680 ohm resistors available on eBay, etc...

Don't shortcut there...

Thank you so much! This is awsome!

No, I haven't solved it right now. Just yesterday the right capacaitor arrived and I'm planning to rewire the board this weekend.

Cheers,
Arne

Latest posts

Back