Mk IIC+ V3 V4 vs Mk III V3 V4 difference

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jrb32

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm planning on doing a full Mark III to IIC+ conversion (I got an early black stripe combo for a steal price recently with one of the early higher voltage IIC+ transformers!)

Apart from the schematic differences such as component values and some slight circuitry difference, is there a real tonal difference to whether V3 and V4 share the Lead and Reverb circuits together (IIC+) as oppose to the III (and future Boogies) having separate V3 for Lead and V4 for Reverb?

I'll post info and pics on here if anyone's interested in doing the same mod. Firstly I'm waiting for some replacement filter caps and a couple of replacement pots to arrive first.

Thanks,

Jon

jrb32 said:
Apart from the schematic differences such as component values and some slight circuitry difference, is there a real tonal difference to whether V3 and V4 share the Lead and Reverb circuits together (IIC+) as oppose to the III (and future Boogies) having separate V3 for Lead and V4 for Reverb?

I doubt it. It could be a mistake on the schematic. If there was any secret to it then they would have kept it in the more recent models.

Cheers Stephan

I doubt it. It could be a mistake on the schematic. If there was any secret to it then they would have kept it in the more recent models.
http://www.mesaboogie.com/media/User Manuals/Mark II-C Manual - Maintenance & Repair.pdf

The IIC maintenance manual definitely has V3 and V4 sharing half for each. I was also mistaken in my original assumption as the mesa manuals for the Mark IV, V and JP-2C have V3 and V4 either sharing a reverb and lead stage or multiple lead stages between them so maybe there is something in it after all!

I'll try wiring mine for both separate and shared V3 and V4 stages and see if it makes any major difference and let you know.

Back