Anyone Have the schematic or pictures for the Rhythm 2 mod

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If the old images are on Photobucket you can sometimes copy the URL and go directly to their site to look at the images.

I don't have a schematic or drawing of it but I'm finishing off a complete verified Mark III schematic and will be doing the R2 mod shortly. I'll update the schematic and let you know. But from the info on various places on this board I've written down it's fairly simple:

Replace R130 with a 250K audio taper pot. Part should be is 591048.

You should be able to do the mod without lifting out the board. On the short heads or combos you can put the pot where the direct level control is. The direct level can be preset with a resistor so it will still work but isn't adjustable.

OR you can get rid of the direct out completely. Plug the hole where the pot was, and put the R2 master pot where the direct out jack was

Here's how the R2 channel works. The mod is to replace R130 with a 250K pot

Looking at the schematics below that I finally finished, would it not be better to do this to R109 instead for overall volume change? Or would this change the R2 channel's effect? I'm not the best when it comes to circuit design etc.

Mark_III_Black_Stripe_1.jpg

Mark_III_Black_Stripe_6.jpg

Thanks,

Jon

R130 is best as it its as a Master Volume for R2 dumping to ground prior to the relay.
Works well - I did it on my old MKIII Blue Stripe.

Latest posts

Back