IS the Mark IV always simul class?

Mark I's, II's, III's and the almight IV

Moderators: Guitarzan, Grandor, ned, Platypus

firmani99
Mark III

IS the Mark IV always simul class?

Post by firmani99 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:30 pm

Aside from when running in class A is the Mark IV always simulclass? I recently read that it is only simul when running in triode mode but that didn't sound right to me. Definitely got me wondering though.

stephen sawall
Single Recto

Re: IS the Mark IV always simul class?

Post by stephen sawall » Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:05 pm

Class A or Simulclass. The Triode / Pentode mode has no effect on this in any way.
The fact that Stephen appears from nowhere, is sentenced to death in an emotional public trial without anyone interfering at all and is then altogether forgotten as if nothing happened, is already suspicious.

firmani99
Mark III

Post by firmani99 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:13 am

OK that's what I thought.

JOEY B.
Dual Recto

Post by JOEY B. » Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:20 pm

stephen sawall wrote:Class A or Simulclass. The Triode / Pentode mode has no effect on this in any way.
The Pentode/Triode switch affects the outer pair of tubes in Simulclass mode. Not sure how it works when the amp is switched to Class-A mode (outer tubes only).
"One of these days, I'm gonna change my evil ways....... one of these days.

stephen sawall
Single Recto

Post by stephen sawall » Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:14 am

JOEY B. wrote:
stephen sawall wrote:Class A or Simulclass. The Triode / Pentode mode has no effect on this in any way.
The Pentode/Triode switch affects the outer pair of tubes in Simulclass mode. Not sure how it works when the amp is switched to Class-A mode (outer tubes only).
Pentode/Triode works in Simulclass and Class A.
The fact that Stephen appears from nowhere, is sentenced to death in an emotional public trial without anyone interfering at all and is then altogether forgotten as if nothing happened, is already suspicious.