Weber spreaker re-cone?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stevie C

Reaction score
Hey folks. I'm looking at getting my EVM12L pro-line re-coned and after searching various resources, Weber seems to have the best pricing. Anyone here have any experiences with re-cones from them?

I have used Weber often over the years for recones. They do an exceptionally clean job on the high powered drivers like JBL's and EV's. Make sure to request "recone as original". They use the same cloth surround that goes into their Michigan Ceramic 12", which is a great replacement for an EVM12L btw...

The only drawback if any is be prepared to wait. 6-8 weeks is not an unusual turnaround time.

They build great speakers so I would think a re-cone would be a simple job for them.I never had them re-cone one,but when I did my first re-cone years ago when Ted was still around he was very helpful with advice.A Jensen 15".When I got halfway thru I found the coil post was crooked.He had me send it to him and straightened it out for free.Wouldnt even accept payment for the return shipping.I wouldnt hesitate to have them do a re-cone.As lovetoboogie says, turn around will be long,re-cones arent a priority for them.

Latest posts

Back