Which Mark series transformers are running ~500+ PV?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GJgo

Reaction score
Hey guys, trying to learn something here. My 105 PT in my IIC+ runs 515 PV. What I want to know is, what other Marks had transformers that ran that hot voltage? I've heard some of the Coliseums did but I don't know which or what to look for. Thanks!

I do not know why your 105 PT is reading that much voltage. Are you measuring it at pin #3 with the tubes out of the sockets? It should be around 485v. The Coliseums will push around 530V if I remember correctly.

I have a bias probe tool that sockets between the valve & the chassis & runs leads (through a shunt) to a DVM. When I mentioned the voltage to Mike B. he didn't bat an eye. Is what it is I guess.

Does anyone know if all Colis got hot transformers?

GJgo said:
I have a bias probe tool that sockets between the valve & the chassis & runs leads (through a shunt) to a DVM. When I mentioned the voltage to Mike B. he didn't bat an eye. Is what it is I guess.

Does anyone know if all Colis got hot transformers?

Touch your DVM to pin#3 on the PCB trace on the tube socket, and see what you get. That will tell the real story.

Back