1975 Mark I...one of the first 150?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

popvamp

Reaction score
I came into a Mark I on Monday via a craigslist deal and have been doing a little research trying to pin down a year on it (the seller said he bought it in 1976). From what I've gathered so far, it looks to be possibly a '75...the Altec 417-8H speaker is dated, I think, the 28th week of 1975 and the amp serial # is < A150.

I've played and gigged a few different Boogies through the years (DC3 through the 90's, Express 5:50 the last 4 years) but never had one this old.

The amp had been sitting in a garage for eons so I gave it a cursory cleaning yesterday and took some more photos. I really don't know what's original or not so maybe the experts here can chime in?

After re-assembling, I did fire it up last night on the two 6L6s and outside of expected scratchy/crackly pots, this thing smokes! Pretty robust too at just over 60 pounds on my digital scale.

Anyway, apologies for the redundancy of some pics but it's not like I'm paying to develop them! haha

https://photos.app.goo.gl/1dOv232uSeFOwpC12

Whoaaa..
that baby has LIVED..!!
And early... from the re-stamped Fender OT, to the funky soldering..a real classic..
CONGRATS..!
The extra PCB on side of chassis - a rectifier board ??
Looks unmolested..
Heartily suggest changing filter caps - even moreso if intermittent use..
And the toex ... bloody nora that's a piece of work..
Looks DIY grill and or grill mount - or possibly original timber but new grill cloth makes it couple millimeters too big to snugly fit as originally did..
Power lead is dying - cracks near chassis entry - change ASAP.

My Mk1 also has the 417 - 8H . love it to death..

Again, congrats..!!

Latest posts

Back