MKIIC+ Export

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Henz

Staff member
Reaction score
Greetings,....been a while since i have been here. Blessings to all. I have a question, how do I know if my 1984 MKIIC+ is an export series? My schematics are confusing me. Hope to here from some one. Sincerely, James.

Thanx for the replies... There is no voltage switch and where wud that number be located? Thanx for ur time, James.

Henz said:
Thanx for the replies... There is no voltage switch and where wud that number be located? Thanx for ur time, James.
It should be on the cover of the power transformer, if you have a head it's probably a little difficult to spot, maybe a mirror would do it. But for yours sake, look for a 100 or a 105 digit instead since there is no voltage selector. If yours is a 60, look for a 60 (ish).

tony777 said:
Henz said:
It should be on the cover of the power transformer, if you have a head it's probably a little difficult to spot, maybe a mirror would do it. But for yours sake, look for a 100 or a 105 digit instead since there is no voltage selector. If yours is a 60, look for a 60 (ish).

Tony am I missing something in your reply?
Pretty sure the PT has nothing to do with it being an export or not, it's the OT.
You should know as you own a couple. ;-)
Not sure what OT was used on the 60 watt C+ export but there again you own one so you should know.

gts said:
Pretty sure the PT has nothing to do with it being an export or not, it's the OT.
Not sure what OT was used on the 60 watt C+ export but there again you own one so you should know.
It's the other way around George. The PT(power transformer) is the one that's different. The OT is identical in the domestic/export, obviously different in the 100 and simul and 60. My PT's are X101 on both simul IIC+'s and my black dot Mark III. The 60w C+ has the X62.

tony777 said:
gts said:
It's the other way around George. The PT(power transformer) is the one that's different. The OT is identical in the domestic/export, obviously different in the 100 and simul and 60. My PT's are X101 on both simul IIC+'s and my black dot Mark III. The 60w C+ has the X62.

DOH!! You're correct!! :shock: :oops: I must have had a "brain f*rt" ! :oops: What was I thinking??!!

Thanx for the replies. I'm confused now. If my MKIIC+ (Simual) doesn't have a voltage knob, it cud still be an export based on the transformer? Thanx, James

Henz said:
Thanx for the replies. I'm confused now. If my MKIIC+ (Simual) doesn't have a voltage knob, it cud still be an export based on the transformer? Thanx, James
If it doesn't have the red voltage selector it won't be an export model.An export model is one that has a different power transformer able to select the required voltage depending where in the world you are ie US/UK/EU etc.

It is possible that the amp could have the X101 Power transfomer hard wired to the 120V taps, and have no voltage selector switch. I think that I saw one for sale on Ebay done this way.

Yes, I've seen and owned MkIIs of varying generations that have been hard-wired after the fact, though here it's generally easier to find export transformer Boogies with the normal selectable voltage (red knob) than specifically 200, 220, 230 or 240V models. Some of the EU hard-wired ones even look factory.... I may ask John Kelly (Rocky Road's Mesa tech of choice) about this next time I take an amp to him for work.

Mesa also don't mention, however, that some US market models - like my Coli IIB - actually came with a transformer tapped for EU voltages, but only wired to the back panel for 110V.

JOEY B. said:
It is possible that the amp could have the X101 Power transfomer hard wired to the 120V taps, and have no voltage selector switch. I think that I saw one for sale on Ebay done this way.
I was actually gonna say that that might be possible but wasn't 100% sure if they ever did use an export transformer hardwired for the relevant voltage.

I had a 60/100 that had the X101 PT, no voltage selector switch.
Used it for years and suspect it was hard wired to the 120V taps as I'm in the good 'ole usa.
I've actually seen a few over the years with the X101 PT that had no voltage selector switch.

Back