MKIVB Versions: Detachable Power Chord

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wizard of Ozz

Reaction score
Anyone know when Mesa switched the MKIVB to the detachable power chord? I'm pretty sure it was sometime in late 1996 or early 1997. Anyone know when for certain? Thanks.

Not for certain but just for info... the transition between the MkIV-A and the early B version (or noA/noB) seems to have happened around the lower s/n 5800's.

In the forum, there is someone with an early B s/n 585X (Dec 92? or Jan 93?) and another one with a full B s/n 689X (Dec 93).

igfraso said:
Not for certain but just for info... the transition between the MkIV-A and the early B version (or noA/noB) seems to have happened around the lower s/n 5800's.

In the forum, there is someone with an early B s/n 585X (Dec 92? or Jan 93?) and another one with a full B s/n 689X (Dec 93).

Thanks. But I am wanting to know when the MKIVB version switched to the detachable power chord. I've seen some 1996 models with it still attached, so I wanted to know when it changed. Thanks.

I thought that all full B had a detachable cord so I would have said from Dec 93 on. But you have seen newer amps with the cord still attached.

Back