Mesa C-90 in a Mark III?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stevie C

Reaction score
I'm looking at the possibility of replacing the speaker in my Mark III combo, and was wondering how the C-90 would fare. What's the general consensus on that particular speaker in a Mark III? My EVM-12L proline needs a recone, and I'm considering the C-90 for the lower weight to make my life a little easier. I don't play at extreme volume, so I would like to know what to expect, tone wise. Any thoughts?

I sold my mark's EVML 12 last week for like 180 euros and I got myself a nice wgs veteran 30. Needless to say I couldn't have been happier! It fucking rocks and it's so **** light!

The C90 in the Combo is just a bit darker than the EV with more bass.
You don't get the feel to fight with the bass response all the time.
You get more Marshall, less Fender, so to speak.

Stevie C said:
Thanks for the replies. Any other suggestions? I'm leaning toward the C-90.

I prefer the C90 for the combo itself (MkIV in my case). However, if you want the ultimate in a BIG portable sound, get the Theile 1x12 cab with EVM12L! I was shocked at how big it sounds with the Theile added. I shouldn't have been surprised, since those two speakers are 1/2 of the mighty Mark series metal grill cab.

I put a Warehouse (WGS) ET-90 in my Mark iii combo and, my God man! It brought that amp to life!! And no scratchy high mid spike. very smooth and very lively!

I went with the C-90. It's getting pretty well broken in, maybe a little bit more to go. Sounds great with dirt, not as great clean though, so I'm kinda missing the EV.....am thinking about getting a recone on it. Thanks for the responses.

Latest posts

Back