Scored my first Boogie ever MARK IV "b", now what?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Krayh

Reaction score
Glad I found this site.

I traded for a MARK IV "b" today.

I downloaded the manual from the website.

For me, the manual is on the confusing side. Any tips on working with the manual?

For example, I don't see anything marked "normal" on the effects loop.

Can't get the reverb to work either.

Congrats on the Mark IV trade! Hopefully you will grow to love this amp as much as I do. Fantastic amp.

Concerning your question about the effects loop: The manual appears to be written from the "Mark IVa" viewpoint, and not the "Mark IVb" viewpoint. This link should help explain the differences between the two versions and their associated effects loops: https://www.mesaboogie.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/221885367-Is-my-Mark-IV-an-A-or-B-model-.

Concerning the reverb: What exactly is the issue? Is it doing nothing? Or, does it sound weak? Does the reverb control in the back do anything at all? Are the reverb cables attached to the chassis?

Without a little more information, I'm not really sure what I can do to help.

Hopefully, the link will clear up you "effects loop" questions. (I hit the same roadblock when I got my Mark IV - years ago).

thanks for the info. the link you shared is going to help a bunch. i plan on spending some time with the Mark iv this weekend. the proper settings will get the reverb up and running i bet. it is plugged into the chassis. looking forward to reporting back :)

You may want to remove the back board, unhook the strap and pull the bag out from the bottom to check if the cables are hooked up on the tank if the cables are connected to the chassis. If that is okay, you may have to remove the chassis out and check the connectors on the other side (do this as a last resort if all else does not seem to work.) You may have a damaged wire on one of the terminals inside or one of the terminals is spread too much and not making contact.) Note that only the return from the reverb tank uses a coax cable (has a pair of wires to the terminals), the send only has one wire on it (ground for that line is shared on the return). Also if I do recall the plaque on the inside of the shell has the reverb tank connections backwards (at least mine was inverted). It has been a while since I had a Mark IVb so my memory does not serve me well which wire goes where on the chassis. You will know if it is backwards as once you get it working if it howls like crazy you will need to reverse the connections.

Latest posts

Back