How do you store the footswitch on the back of the Mark iv?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Irongiant14

Reaction score
Hi Boogie Board.

I'm a singer songwriter who plays a Les Paul studio through my Mark iv. Even though I've had it for a long time I am reapplying myself to learning how to get good tones and use this instrument; looking forward to reading everybody's comments in the mark iv threads. Space is at a premium in my place and so I have to take the amp out and put it away every time I play. I want to make this process as neat and painless as possible and the footswitch is slowing me down.

I thought I read in the manual that the foot switch attached to the back of the mark iv for transport or storage but now I can't find the reference. Was I dreaming when I read that or is there really a way to snap the foot switch to the back? I got my amp used and my footswitch has a metal ring on one side end but not the other. I thought it might latch on to something but I can't figure out how it might snap in or stow away.

Can someone set me straight please?

Here is a picture of the back of my Mark IV. On the right hand side (just to the right of the tube), and on the left, you can see the holes into which the clasps of the foots-witch fit.

Back_zpsookcl77t.jpg

These are not pictures of my amp (I found them via Google),but they do show the foot-swich once it is clasped onto the amp.

Mark%20IV%20rear%20view%202_zpsnbm820py.jpg

Mark%20IV%20rear%20view%201_zpsf0otor5b.jpg

I hope this helps.

Thank you so much for taking the time to google and reply! Using your photos I was able to make it fit, like a Tetris master. But now Ive got to find a replacement for the missing ring key. What a weird doodad! I have no idea what to even call that thing.

Irongiant14 said:
Thank you so much for taking the time to google and reply! Using your photos I was able to make it fit, like a Tetris master. But now Ive got to find a replacement for the missing ring key. What a weird doodad! I have no idea what to even call that thing.

I was able to order the missing ring from Mesa Boogie. It was reasonably priced, too.

Latest posts

Back