The Boogie Board

Discussion Forum for Mesa Boogie Products
It is currently Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:41 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:56 pm 
Bottle Rocket

Hi Boogie Board.

I'm a singer songwriter who plays a Les Paul studio through my Mark iv. Even though I've had it for a long time I am reapplying myself to learning how to get good tones and use this instrument; looking forward to reading everybody's comments in the mark iv threads. Space is at a premium in my place and so I have to take the amp out and put it away every time I play. I want to make this process as neat and painless as possible and the footswitch is slowing me down.

I thought I read in the manual that the foot switch attached to the back of the mark iv for transport or storage but now I can't find the reference. Was I dreaming when I read that or is there really a way to snap the foot switch to the back? I got my amp used and my footswitch has a metal ring on one side end but not the other. I thought it might latch on to something but I can't figure out how it might snap in or stow away.

Can someone set me straight please?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:32 pm 
Mark III

Here is a picture of the back of my Mark IV. On the right hand side (just to the right of the tube), and on the left, you can see the holes into which the clasps of the foots-witch fit.

These are not pictures of my amp (I found them via Google),but they do show the foot-swich once it is clasped onto the amp.

I hope this helps.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:29 am 
Bottle Rocket

Thank you so much for taking the time to google and reply! Using your photos I was able to make it fit, like a Tetris master. But now Ive got to find a replacement for the missing ring key. What a weird doodad! I have no idea what to even call that thing.