Mesa Mark IV and pedals/stompboxes

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zerot0lerance

Reaction score
Lately I've been searching for a new amp and I found Mesa Mark IV rev B. I'm playing different kinds of music, but for now, stoner/doom mainly. I know MK IV can do almost anything and this the kind of an amp that I'm looking for, the one that can do anything from blues to metal. I want some info about how it takes different kind of fuzz pedals(Big Muff and pedals that are based on Big Muff, FuzzFace and pedals that are based on it), ODs, etc. Does it have a big headroom on clean channel? Any info welcomed.

I don't typically use fuzz pedals into my Mark IV, but I can verify the clean channel has good headroom.

The MkIV is not lacking whatsoever in headroom. It has up to 85 of the loudest watts around. And R1 is crystal clean.

I cant attest for fuzz type pedals into the iv,but man, does it really take well my friedman overdrive and diezel vh4 pedals in ch 2. mode.They also sounded good obviously in ch1.I like these overdrive pedals in ch 2 a bit better,cause you add just a teeny tiny bit of natural amp grit to the pedal.It's like adding more channels to already versatile mk IV!

Latest posts

Back