School me on the Mark IIB please

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jbyrd78

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm a newbie on this forum, and I was wondering if any of you Mesa Boogie MK IIB owners, or past owners could chime in on this series of the Mark amp. Also is it capable of producing decent tones at low volumes, to play at home? Or does this amp need to be cranked to sound good?

I found somebody locally on LETGO selling one made in late 82 for a steal! I'm thinking about adding it to my collection. I would just like to know what I am getting into volume wise. I would be using the amp clean and throwing pedals into the front of it, if need be.
Currently I own a Mesa Studio .22 1x12 combo, a 65 DRRI, and a mid 90's Peavey Bandit. I usually play in my apartment with the volume on the DRRI up at 3.5, on the .22, the vol is at 6, and the master vol at around 3, and the Bandit, I keep the vol around 2-3.

Any info you can give me would be awesome. Thanks!

I've actually just been playing through my Mark IIB in my bedroom.Sounding amazing.I'm playing an SG straight in to the amp and can get amazing singing overdrive that sustains into lovely feedback so yeah it's definitely capable of producing great tones at low volumes although they apparently come "alive" at louder stage volumes.

Back