A Mark I with 7 Knobs On The Front Panel?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KiwiJoe

Reaction score
I was under the impression that the original Boogie Super/Mark I had 6 knobs on the front panel - Vol 1, Vol 2, Treb, Mid, Bass, Master, presence and reverb (if it had it) were on the rear panel. I used to gig with a friend's '77 Mark I with reverb which only had those 6 up front, but in this video there are 7 knobs (which I didn't think appeared until the Mark II) on what is claimed to be a '77 Mark I. I thought maybe it was a Mark II, but at 7:46 you'll see he switches inputs. I know that the Mark II had only one instrument input and the other input was for the footswitch, so what gives? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jg_4BVrvRwU

Thanks in advance.

Looks like a 15"/width chassis which means reverb/presence are also on the front panel? I can barely read this small but look like Vol1/Vol2/Master/Treble/Bass/Mid/Presence?

That being said there has been a Mark I available locally for ages where there are extra knobs going all the way across right where the EQ would normally be. I'm not sure if it was aftermarket mods or what, but it looks crazy seeing all those knobs go right through the Mesa Engineering logo.

Latest posts

Back