Mark III Strat Settings

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi Everyone! I am now a proud owner of a fully-loaded Mark III red stripe. I play a strat and would like some settings suggestions from you fellow strat-wielders. I have downloaded the manual and tried a few of the recommended settings with some moderate success. I haven't really gotten much time to dial in the amp yet, but coming from a Fender amp background this is a totally new experience for me. I am really going for the Santana/ Gary Moore searing lead sustain thing, of course I realize both of these guys are hum bucker guys, but I'd like to get in the ball park of that sound. I plan on changing the tubes with some high gain JJs for the power section and Doug's Tubes assorted pre amp tube set. Also, do any of you guys boost the front of the amp with any pedals? I hear Santana might have used a Tubescreamer in front of his King Snake. I look forward to any suggestions you guys might have. Thanks!

Latest posts

Back