Mark III Green stripe - recorded 8 tracks with one setting!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

el34sg

Reaction score
I just finished recording with my Mark III green stripe.
I set it up with one medium gain lead channel setting and it delivered.
Used my old Sunn 2x12 with a Greenback & V30, SG standard & SG special.
Every track sounds like I changed the settings, but left them exactly the same.
Once the basic tracks were done I upped the lead drive for solo's and used an OD808 for the rest.
My other guitar player was using a vintage AC30. The two amps paired together perfectly.

The most amazing thing about the Mark III is it always cuts thru the mix..
The chords & notes bloom with strumming & pick attack..
One of the first times after a recording session I couldn't find anything wrong with my tone..
I can always find something wrong with my playing, but the tone was perfect.

My only regret is not buying a Mark III 25 years ago. I could have saved $thousands..
Bad reviews kept me away from the Mark III for a long time..
From what I've gathered if 90% of the reviewers read the **** manual, they'd still have a Mark III.

I didn't really know anything about the MkIII when I stumbled upon a used one at Guitar Center about 18 years ago. I already knew I loved the MkIV, but could never find one that wasn't outrageously expensive. So I got the MkIII first thanks to the dumb salesboys not knowing much of anything about it. I recall those dolts saying "yeah....the MkIV's the one to get....but we can cut you a deal on this one!". Suckers. :lol: It takes Zen tweaks to maximize what the MkIII can do. :mrgreen:

And yes, the MkIII is selfish and always makes itself heard. It taught me about the value of MIDS. Then again, it doesn't lack anything else either, it's just that it has so much mids! Marshalls in particular struggle to keep up.....

Latest posts

Back