"Number 2 Son" Search for the lost amp...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PDC

Reaction score
O.K. This is a LONG shot, but here we go. Waayyy back in the day (early 90s) I was playing in a cover band in the Kansas City area. I had 2 Mesa Mark III Long Chassis heads. Basically alternated between them, but always wanted to have a back up, as we were doing 3-4 night per week bookings 50 weeks out of the year. In order to quickly tell the nearly identical amps apart, I wrote 'Number 1 Son' and 'Number 2 Son' with a sharpie on the backs of the chassis right next to the power cord. After my run at music fell through, I sold both Mesas to finance law school. I sold No.1 to a very good friend who has since sold it back to me. I would really like to track down 'No 2 Son' and thought on a lark that maybe the present or a past owner might have been a member of this forum and might think 'wow, I always wondered why that was scrawled on the back of this amp!' I sold the amp while I lived in Lawrence KS and I think the original owner might have lived in Topeka?

Anyway, Im playing again in a very fun and very cool VH cover band - we only do the early DLR stuff. It has been a HUGE challenge to get those parts 'right.' In my younger years, I'd get marginally close and just fiddle-fart my way through the rest. Trying to get as close as possible to the correct notes, positions and phrasing that EVH actually used has been a great experience. Ive used a 50 watt Bogner Helios recently to cop that cranked plexi tone, but for my ears, I always wanna plug into my old reliable Mark III when I just play for myself. Feels good to be on this forum. Thanks for reading!

Since my first post, I remembered that the person who I sold it to was none other than Chebon Tiger! I reached out to him and he said he traded the amp at 'Honest Ron's Music' for the Fender Twin he still plays thru today. I doubt the music store keeps close track of where used hear winds up, but you just never know. I'm shooting them an email. Still have fingers crossed that a forum member will stumble across this thread and say 'Hey - that's my amp!'

Back