Sob

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is some information here on the board but the SOB is just that, the ******* son and with that, it doesn't get much love. Most SOB owners seem happy with the amp until they play a Mark IIC+, III, IV or any other model Boogie. It is the dog of the line, one trick pony, yes, one trick only when it has no front end effects. I imagine it would work well as a clean platform amp with your distortion/over-drive coming from pedals. Starter Boogie IMO.

I had one years ago (when they first came out) and used it to drive my Marshall. Once I got it dialed in correctly, it wasn't bad. Brought in some new flavors.

It wasn't bad on its own. I used it that way a few times. "One trick pony" is a decent way to describe it. It was a good quality amp, but not very versatile. Luckily for me, I liked the sound it produced.

It sounds and feels like a blackface Fender Bassman with a stiffer power supply. I happen to like that. I run my SOB into a Freyette Power Station in channel 2 with the gain nearly maxed. Mine has the "limit" feature, which I do not use. I run a delay in the loop of the Power Station.

Rehoused the head in a pine cab, dropped in an Alessandro neo speaker, and this is a lightweight grab and go gigmeister. I run a wah, fuzz and comp into the front end. Just played 3 sets at a bar on Saturday with that rig. Big fun.

Latest posts

Back