Trading for a JP-2C+ (**Update ** got it and need more help)

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BoogieHog

Boogie Supporter
Reaction score
Hey all,
I am thinking of trading a couple of my Amps for a JP-2C+. I have never played one and, this is a CL deal so I won't have the chance to play it most likely. So, what I want to know is if this is a good trade (for both sides).

I am thinking about offering my 1987 60w Red Stripe Mark iii, along with a 10 band MXR EQ pedal, and my 1998 Dual Rec Solo Head. They are all in excellent shape. I don't know if I crazy for doing it, crazy for thinking that's a good deal or, crazy for changing out gear so often :mrgreen: . I should add that I LOVE these amps but I have really fallen in love with the sound through the demos I've watched and the reviews I've read. If I could just get it an keep these I would but, that doesn't seem feasible within the near future.

I should add that I have recently purchased s Black Dot Mark iii with a Red Stripe upgrade that is the most ridiculous sounding amp I've ever heard (And I also own a Mark V). And that's the other thing, am I going to improve from the sound of the 2C+ sound of the Mark V?

The main reason I want the JP-2C+, besides tone, is the DI and this easy recording capabilities.

I could use some advice from you experienced fellas. Thanks in advance.

**Update**
Got it and I am getting ready to hook it up. On my V I have the Channel 2 set to Mark 1 Normal and have it set at:
Gain - 9:30
Master - 11
Presence - 12
Treble - 2
Mid - 0
Bass - 0

I would like to find a pedal that would help me match that sound on the JP-2C
Any thoughts?

I sold gear to get my JP-2C, then regretted it later, sold the JP-2C again and started picking up some of the gear that I'd flipped for it again.

That said, I had to go through the process to know what it was going to be like. I prefer having a Mark V and a Dual Rectifier instead (but would not complain about having all three).

You're never going to know unless you go for it. The JP-2C is a great amp and I learned a lot from it. Honestly, I needed a crunch channel more than a second lead channel, and I missed my recto.

Good luck and have fun, whatever you do.

It will have a similar flavor profile as your Mark 3, but just better. So think of it that way. It won't have the crunch Rhythm 2 channel that your Mark 3 has, if you need something like that you'd need a pedal.

The Rectifier is a whole other beast compared to the Marks. I like having one of each, personally.

I am sure you'll regret it if you sell the mark III... If I were you, I would sell the rectifier and save some money to get the JP-2C+

I wouldn't.

To me, the Mark III & V are very aggressive forward amps. My JP-2C is much more saggy. I think the Mark IV is like this too but I've only heard them, not owned one. I like amps that punch you in the face, like my III. While I think the JP-2C has a better tone, a IIC+ or a III to me has a way better FEEL. I wouldn't sell any of them, but I'd trade the JP for a real IIC+ if I had the chance.

I use my JP2C and barely touch any other amp. It's everything to me and I am in love with playing guitar, eat, sleep and dream about playing. Your other amps suck compared to the mighty JP2C. Maybe I just got a good one, all Marks are different, all rectifiers a different maybe all JP2C's are different because this amp slays!

Markedman said:
I use my JP2C and barely touch any other amp. It's everything to me and I am in love with playing guitar, eat, sleep and dream about playing. Your other amps suck compared to the mighty JP2C. Maybe I just got a good one, all Marks are different, all rectifiers a different maybe all JP2C's are different because this amp slays!
So, you are saying you would rather play the JP2C than the IIC++? I have been want to pick up a JP2C, anyway.

Now that I have it I need some more help. I have channel 2 of my V with the following settings. I love the creamy clean slightly broke up. Do any of you have any idea of a nice OD or Distortion pedal that will help me achieve that sound on the clean channel of my JP-2C+?

Thanks in advance!

My Channel 2 setting on my V. Mark I normal
Gain - 9:30
Master - 11
Presence - 12
Treble - 2
Mid - 0
Bass - 0

themisfit138 said:
Markedman said:
So, you are saying you would rather play the JP2C than the IIC++? I have been want to pick up a JP2C, anyway.

As time goes on, the JP2C flexibility has me playing it daily whereas the C++ is brought out and played only when I'm curious about a tone I got from the JP2C and where the settings would be if I wanted that tone. It blows me away how the the C++ can duplicate the JP2C in every way and then some. But yeah, I play the JP2C way more. At this point that is. If you knew me at all, you'd know I change my mind pretty often after declaring I never will, it's just one of my terrible traits.

Markedman said:
themisfit138 said:
Markedman said:

As time goes on, the JP2C flexibility has me playing it daily whereas the C++ is brought out and played only when I'm curious about a tone I got from the JP2C and where the settings would be if I wanted that tone. It blows me away how the the C++ can duplicate the JP2C in every way and then some. But yeah, I play the JP2C way more. At this point that is. If you knew me at all, you'd know I change my mind pretty often after declaring I never will, it's just one of my terrible traits.

I'll say this, this JP-2C+ is the most amazing sounding amp I have ever heard. You could plug a cinder block into it and out would put out incredible tone! You were right all my other amps suck now.

I have new found toggle switch that has turned my playing upside-down. I finally started playing around with my metal side and flipped the SHRED mode switch on. Classic rock be gone, bring on the metal. I play in bands (I played Mustang Sally & the house of the rising sun last weekend) if I can play a few songs that I like, I'm in heaven, but I was metal from the beginning and although the crowd for metal is not what is was, I'm made of metal, my circuits gleam and I'm shredding again. Audio to follow, brutal audio will soon grace these pages with the stuff I'm cooking up.
I'm in a very brutal sh!t storm and will be for a while, it happens, that's when my most creative stuff comes out along with the wherewithal to get it done!! BE WARNED!

Markedman said:
I have new found toggle switch that has turned my playing upside-down. I finally started playing around with my metal side and flipped the SHRED mode switch on. Classic rock be gone, bring on the metal. I play in bands (I played Mustang Sally & the house of the rising sun last weekend) if I can play a few songs that I like, I'm in heaven, but I was metal from the beginning and although the crowd for metal is not what is was, I'm made of metal, my circuits gleam and I'm shredding again. Audio to follow, brutal audio will soon grace these pages with the stuff I'm cooking up.
I'm in a very brutal sh!t storm and will be for a while, it happens, that's when my most creative stuff comes out along with the wherewithal to get it done!! BE WARNED!

BRING IT!!! I can't wait!

Latest posts

Back