Mark IIc+ and its varieties

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey guys, based on an epic post in the forum, I've noticed that 2c+ comes with different series (listed below). Can I find any clips on their comparisons? I want to be able to see which one sounds best to me but sadly couldn't find anything.

My second question is, will the factory upgraded version of 2c to 2c+ actually sound like the original 2c+?

SR – Sixty Watt -Reverb
SRG- Sixty Watt- Reverb- Graphic
HR – 100 Watt-Reverb
HRG- 100 Watt- Reverb-Graphic
HRGX- 100 Watt-Reverb-Graphic-Export
DR – Simul-Class - Reverb
DRG- Simul-EQ-Reverb
DRGX- Simul-EQ-Reverb-Export
K - Coliseum / Series 300

A short answer. They are not that different.

The hundred and sixty watts sounds almost the same, more headroom and a little more bottom end on the hundred.
The simul sounds smoother than 100 & 60.

Haven't played a coli, but I guess it will sound like a hundred with even more power, headroom and bottom end.

If you can get one, do it, doesn't matter which version. I prefer the onboard EQ as you will need to lower the mids for metal and you have the EQ auto option. Otherwise a EQ pedal works like a charm in the loop.

I prefer the amps that come with the GEQ built in. If the amp doesn't sound phenomenal when you get it, send it out to Mike B. at Mesa Boogie and when it comes back you will have a great amp for the rest of your life. I owned a non upgraded SRG that I traded for a DG C++. I like both but the C++ has more. I like more.

Back