Mark III EQ Footswitch question

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soulchief

Reaction score
I am thinking about getting an EQ footswitch for my Mark III but have never had experience using one and have a question about it before I buy one so I can confirm if it will be useful to me and I don't have one to test...

--Does plugging the EQ footswitch into the jack disengage/bypass the toggle setting on the amp or does it play along with the toggle setting?

--Basically if I have the amp set to "Auto" and I plug the footswitch in will Lead no longer be Auto and have to trigger it via footswitch?

--What I'm hoping is the Auto would stay on the Lead even with the footswith plugged in and be able to add EQ to R1/2 via pedal when wanted.

The manual statement is semi vague since "bypass" is never stated:
"EQ Footswitch - With it, you can click on the EQ at any time, regardless of how the toggle switch is set."

If anyone who use the EQ footswitch could chime in and clear up for me on exactly how it reacts to the toggle that would help me out so much.
:)

Thanks everyone.

The footswitch turns on or off the EQ, regardless of the front panel setting. But it's been years since I used the footswitch, so plug it in and try it for yourself.

I have a Mark III with the EQ/Reverb footswitch.

If the EQ is OFF (centre) it will toggle EQ on R1, R2 and R3.

If the EQ is IN (down) the footswitch has NO effect on any channel.

If the EQ is AUTO (up) then the footswitch does nothing on LEAD (it stays as set) but toggles the EQ on R1 & R2

So it works exactly as you hope in your post if set to AUTO.

Promethean said:
I have a Mark III with the EQ/Reverb footswitch.

If the EQ is OFF (centre) it will toggle EQ on R1, R2 and R3.

If the EQ is IN (down) the footswitch has NO effect on any channel.

If the EQ is AUTO (up) then the footswitch does nothing on LEAD (it stays as set) but toggles the EQ on R1 & R2

So it works exactly as you hope in your post if set to AUTO.

Thanks so much!

That was exactly the info I was looking for!!

Latest posts

Back