Mark 2B, no EQ, Reverb (I think?), might buy, info wanted.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mmillerm

Reaction score
Hi everyone. A 60 watt Mark 2B is available in my area. It does not have the parametric EQ. It has no reverb knobs, but on the back, by the presence knob, there's the word "reverb," and a sort of plug, no knob. What looks to be the serial number, a four-digit number, starts with 80--. I have only seen photos of the amp, not the amp itself. From what I have described, I was just wondering if anyone can tell me anything more about what I might be looking at.
open
. Assuming it is in working order but in need of a thorough going over, what would be a fair price in CAD for the amp? I've seen them listed for up to 1500 Canadian in great shape and selling for 750-1000 USD used. Any input/opinions would be appreciated. I'm new to Mesas.

I'm not sure why the photo doesn't load in the post, but if you right click it and select open photo in another window, it does load (at least for me), in case someone wants to have a look.

I have the same amp.
The reverb lettering is there as they used the same chassis if reverb was chosen as an option.You could choose to have reverb,GEQ etc as extra options.
The non reverb/EQ 60 watt model was the "standard" super sixty amp.Mines starts with 7.. and was made in 1981.
Mine needed a bit of work like new filter caps(A good idea if they haven't been replaced before in an amp this age)
Great amps.Not sure of value though?
Edit..Just had a look at sold listings on ebay and a 60/100 watt head with reverb/EQ in nice condition sold for $1,416 canadian.

Ok, thanks. If I do grab it and clean it up, I can post the results and a review here.

So I did end up buying it. Photos are here: http://www.strat-talk.com/threads/nad-mesa-boogie-mark-ii-b.408439/ (I'd post them in this post, but I don't know how to do it correctly). The clean is indeed very nice, but I wasn't able to get much (in the one minute I had so far to turn it on) by way of the lead channel at kosher volumes [correction I figured out how to do leads at low volumes: sounds great]. Since I bought it without testing it (!) I was glad that everything works great with no bad surprises. Can anyone comment on the signature (not Mike B) and anything else that seems interesting?

Back