mk IV replacement pcb help

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alexbutler10

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I dont normally write on forums but iv ran into a problem with my mk IV short head i cant sort out locally, i took it in for a repair as it was crackling and banging, he repaired all the problems he found except the board was leaking all over the place, mainly at the valve sockets between 10's to 100kohms leakage and he has advised me to get a new board as it wont be reliable.

im an experienced guy with soldering and building amps but i dont know where to start looking for a replacement main pcb, do any of you boogieheads have a good source for pcb replacements or know anyone who could point me in the right direction please?

I love this amp and cant bear to get rid of it, i also cant afford to buy another at the moment.

Thanks for your time,

Alex Butler

EDIT: I have found a chap who makes funnily enough exact clones of the boogie mk 4 in russia, iv asked him for just a pcb and it looks from the pictures it should be a direct replacement, they even give you the option of green/blue/black pcb's. they look to be of a very high quality. I will update once it arrives with more info for anyone wanting to replace any of the circuit boards on their mk 4.

EDIT 2: they've quoted $170 for a replacement pcb... thats a little excessive considering they already have the masks, time to keep searching.

Latest posts

Back