NAD! Mark 2B Coliseum and serial number questions.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timv

Reaction score
Hello,
I just received my new to me Coliseum 2B. EQ, Reverb. Bought off ebay. Made the seller a low but decent offer and he accepted.

It is serial # K110 dated 9-14-81 and several things about it seem like it may be a very early one to me.

The back panel doesn't have the 3A marking blacked out and 6A etched in. No series 300 sticker.

The red power supply circuit board.

The 2 driver/phase inverter tubes aren't mounted to a small circuit board, they are done point to point style on stand-offs near the tubes.

The EQ inductors are the larger black ones and were so big that 3 look like they would have been in the way of the 8 filter cap package to be located correctly so the 3 inductors are mounted (silicone/glue)to the chassis near the inputs with wiring going back over to the EQ slider board. This appears factory, same wiring, zip ties, etc...

All of this to me seems like it would be very early on in the building of the coliseums when they didn't have everything figured out yet.

I started thinking about it and doing some research and I have never seen a coliseum with a serial number lower than 100 anywhere. Has anyone else?
I've searched online for the past couple days, old ebay ads, current ads, here and other forums but my new one is the lowest serial number I can find.

Thanks for any input.
Here are the pics from the ebay ad. I will upload more pictures soon once I get some time to open it up and take some good ones.

Back