Mark IIc+ #13015

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ponytrekker

Reaction score
Hello friends, I want to let our board members know that one of the finest examples of an original Mark iic+ just went up for sale on Ebay. I own an HRG and I am selling a DRG that is in museum quality shape and I just sent it up to Petaluma for servicing. It looks like it came out of a time capsule and my preference is that one of our members get a crack at it. I just posted it now and I don't have the necessary posts to add items to classifieds here (I think), but the condition of this one is special and at the sake of breaking protocol, I want to bring it to this groups attention.

If you have friends whom you'd think may be interested too let them know as this board has been a great source of information over the years and if I could give anything back to board members this ebay posting would be it. I won't provide the link here but I just added to Ebay a few minutes ago.

thanks again and please be kind if I have upset anyone.
Ponytrekker

Ponytrekker said:
Hello friends, I want to let our board members know that one of the finest examples of an original Mark iic+ just went up for sale on Ebay. I own an HRG and I am selling a DRG that is in museum quality shape and I just sent it up to Petaluma for servicing. It looks like it came out of a time capsule and my preference is that one of our members get a crack at it. I just posted it now and I don't have the necessary posts to add items to classifieds here (I think), but the condition of this one is special and at the sake of breaking protocol, I want to bring it to this groups attention.

If you have friends whom you'd think may be interested too let them know as this board has been a great source of information over the years and if I could give anything back to board members this ebay posting would be it. I won't provide the link here but I just added to Ebay a few minutes ago.

thanks again and please be kind if I have upset anyone.
Ponytrekker

I looked on ebay but I couldn't find it :shock: My P.C. is acting strange but doubt that has anything to do with inability to find listing . I emailed you but it was 10:15 EST so maybe you didn't see it. Anyway I'm interested and would like info . Please email or PM me , maybe you could give me the ebay item # ,Thanks

http://m.ebay.com/itm/Mesa-Boogie-Mark-IIc-Simul-Imbuya-EVM12L-105PT-EQ-Reverb-Ser-13xxx-/182178388773?nav

Not sure if that will get you there or not but I think it will. It sold in just a few hours after he posted it here. I personally think someone got a mighty fine deal on that one.

JCB1980 said:
http://m.ebay.com/itm/Mesa-Boogie-Mark-IIc-Simul-Imbuya-EVM12L-105PT-EQ-Reverb-Ser-13xxx-/182178388773?nav

Not sure if that will get you there or not but I think it will. It sold in just a few hours after he posted it here. I personally think someone got a mighty fine deal on that one.

I tried to check out sold items but my P. C. Took me to some weird screen when I clicked advanced on ebay. I can see why it sold so quickly. Right place right time ,great deal. Seller expressed a desire for local p/u. That's kippiejr 'so neck of the woods. Hmmm.

I sold this #13015 to a fine gentleman in Brooklyn for $3150 plus shipping. I was asking $3250 so not much was discounted. It shipped in its anvil case via FEDEX for $115.

Was it a great deal, I think it was priced right and found the right buyer and we were both happy . Most players won't chunk out this kind of cash for a vintage amp but the condition of this one made this very attractive for those of us who know them.

If I didn't already own an HRG I would never have sold it. I'll never sell my HRG.

I'm almost positive this is the same Mark IIc+ DRG combo in these two youtube clips. They were posted in August and the owner says in the first video's description that he just received the amp, so the dates seem about right from when Ponytrekker posted above that he had sold & shipped the amp. Also, I compared the wicker grill of the amp in the Ebay listing's pictures with that of the one in the videos for any little abnormalities (like misshapen holes in the weave for instance), and the ones I found seemed to match up.

If this is it, it's a great, brutal sounding amp (just listen to the second video, where he has it running into a Bogner 2x12 cab) and it seems to have gone to a great player as well.

So Ponytrekker, do you think this is the one you sold?:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnhaGMni_jk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnemPZkCxhY

You dig up some cool videos shredi. I watched this guys Mark V clips a few years ago. He sure knows brutal tones. That amp you're talking about went for a steal of a price. I would have bit if I had the chance, but it was sold before he could even post this thread on the board. I went to the listing a half hour after he posted this and it was gone. I'm also glad it at least went somewhere where it will be played and appreciated.

Man, no matter how many alerts you set up and how close you monitor all the sites, cool stuff still slips by! I just picked up a Mark III in very a similar figured cab or else I might be more depressed to have missed this! I don't think my playing or ears will ever be good enough to justify almost 3x the price though. Cool either way and a nice score for someone.

Edit: Was looking at post times but ignored the dates. Didn't realize this was old. :lol:

s-fresh said:
Edit: Was looking at post times but ignored the dates. Didn't realize this was old. :lol:

Yeah, sorry. I bumped this thread when I was browsing the forum and recognized the amp from those YT clips (though in my defense, I only bumped it from the middle of the forum's first page :mrgreen: ).

Latest posts

Back