Mark IV issue.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danyeo1

Reaction score
My Mark IV head, B version cut out while I was playing. All the lights on the front went out and no audio. However the amp powers up, the fan is on, and all tubes appear to be on. No burning smell. Could it be a tube issue even if the tubes all look good. These tubes are all less than a year old, all Mesa Tubes, and not a lot of mileage on them.

UPDATE. I've had it back for a few weeks. It turned out to be some caps that went and some of them were involved in the switching system. It is an old IV, 1991 is stamped on the chassis. $150 and it's up and running fine.

danyeo1 said:
My Mark IV head, B version cut out while I was playing. All the lights on the front went out and no audio. However the amp powers up, the fan is on, and all tubes appear to be on. No burning smell. Could it be a tube issue even if the tubes all look good. These tubes are all less than a year old, all Mesa Tubes, and not a lot of mileage on them.

If all of the lights on the front went out, it is unlikely to be a tube issue. When tubes have died on my watch, they still produced some sound, but not very well. And, they never took out the panel lights with them.

I am not an "internals" guy, but I would offer that if a tube did go out and cause this, then it must have done some other damage at the same time.

If it were my Mark IV, I would first call Mesa and ask for their opinion. I have called them multiple times and received good answers each time.

Hope this helps.
Let us know what you find.

Latest posts

Back