Help determining fair price for a used Mark IV

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mangopositive

Reaction score
I bought this amp (Mark IV A series head) used 14 years ago and it's been collecting dust since I had my son and quit my band. The top is fairly scuffed, though intact. It is missing the lead volume knob (bought this way), but the plastic nub can still be easily turned with fingers. Everything is working well as far as the tones go. I am also missing the stock floorboard and am including a Voodoo Man aftermarket switcher that uses the control jacks on the back. I am looking to sell this, but I don't want to insult anyone. Based on this information and this video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3tdTMuPPhY), what asking price would y'all suggest? Note that my LG G4 camera microphone is distorting the tone. The clean sound is actually quite crisp.

Any help is appreciated.

Well, I'm in SF Bay Area, been trying to sell my Mark IV for a month now. its a combo with a headshell and foot switch.

I was asking $1200, then $1100, but no bites. I got someone offering $800 for the head, and then $500 + a korean Ibanez.

Market seems really soft right now. Not sure whats up, other than maybe its not worth much anymore :|

good luck

I sell a lot of guitars and amps, if you actually want to sell it, list it for a price that you would pay for it and sell it, otherwise just keep it. I just got through looking at craigslist as I do every morning, hundreds and hundreds of overpriced crap and then you come across a nice sample but the guy wants more than what it went for new. I have seen guitars and amplifiers for sale on craigslist for years the same amp and guitar for YEARS not selling only because the price is too high. If you haven't found out yet I'll let you in on a secret, money is just an illusion. I recently had both guitars amplifiers and cases sell within an hour of listing them because they were worth it, if your item doesn't sell within a month it is way overpriced, probably double overpriced. By the way, I picked up my mark iv combo with a road case and EV speaker for $650 at a pawnshop.

Latest posts

Back